20150617

Veronique Branquinho Pre-Spring/Resort 2016



"Dresses"

"Freedom"

"A return to simplicity and to an uncomplicated lifestyle"










 Veronique Branquinho x Ronald Stoops 


"I need a really simple pace in my life.
 I just long for simple, authentic things.
 That’s why I said with this collection, 
instead of making a whole story, 
let’s just focus on 15 dresses. 
This is how it started – with a return to simplicity. 
I think that there was a feeling of nature that was connected to that. 
That’s why we decided to go to a forest with the girls and the dresses. 
Like with my A/W15 collection, 
there are words hidden in the dresses: 
love, hope and faith. 
And in a skirt there is "wild at heart", 
like the song or the movie by David Lynch, 
which I really love. 
It’s also a really nice state of mind — 
it’s an option to be wild at heart. 
To be free. Freedom from the rules."

"It’s always been a twisted relationship between fashion and the industry. 
It’s a creative thing, 
but it seems like all the figures and numbers have taken over. 
And I think we need to find a balance. 
I think when I started I was much more confident about designing and 
now it’s about rules. 
This collection was an emotional thing; 
I asked myself, 
'where do I come from? 
When was I really happy?' 
Because I am happy in the moment of creation, 
and I really love it, 
but this whole thing is tough. 
Especially because, 
even if I'm good, 
I'm still just a little studio; 
I have nothing to compare with the big brands. 
I’m not really playing on the same field." 

"One of the things I said to myself when we started was that
 I really need to find a way that I feel happy working in the industry, 
but also that I connected with people that I love, 
I trust. I just want to be surrounded by them, 
in both life and work. 
It makes it so much better. 
 I need this to be anchored. 
I love what I do — I love my job. 
Because I am happy in the moment of creation."


You can read the interview of Veronique with AnOther magazine here
 and check out the collection here ;)


1 comment:

  1. Here's some illustrious, ingenious, incisive ‘Quid-Pro-Quo’ scenarios
    you maaay wanna consider before picking-up your writing utensil
    for the next bombastically-brilliant-chapter of thy book:

    High, girl!
    While I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
    you shall find in our 24 blogs a gobba (subliminal) moxie
    which has taken this mortal sinner yeeeeers to compile:
    I lay it ALL out for you, dear - neet, packaged, concise.

    Nevertheless, wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
    of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
    An XtraXcitinXpose with no
    zooillogical-expiration-date,
    with an IQ much higher than K2,
    and an extraordinarily, sawcy, rowdy victory??
    Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
    (with an excellent bullshot dectector):

    “Faith, hope, and love,
    the greatest of these is love -
    jump into faith...
    and you'll see with love”
    Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
    God believes in you.

    Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
    from a passionate, prolific iconoclasm where you’ll find
    astronomically prodigious,
    immeasurably extensive,
    monumentally tremendous,
    stupendously substantial,
    infinitely irresistible,
    (XnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX… )
    deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

    Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...